Home

Sunday 12 October 2014

Flower Power

Having completed my two year art GCSE course, with a not too shabby 100% on my GCSE certificate to show for all the long hours and late nights, it's nice to now be able to look back on all of the pieces I've produced. From photographs to paintings, I believe art is meant to be shared, otherwise, what is the point in it? Art is something that is continually undermined nowadays, where science and brains seem to be the only things that count. False. Art is supposed to be inspiring and a creative outlet when words cannot be formed: visual stimulation. Soo... here are some portraits I've edited to incorporate flowers with my lovely sister, Sophie, as the subject. Enjoy..?







Here are a few more experiments with skulls..


I used pinky coloured oil pastels for this skull (which are essentially glorified crayons, in my opinion)

And soft charcoal for this artists copy of Alexis Marcou's 'Lady Antiqua' - this guy is seriously talented...check out some of his stuff here: http://www.alexismarcou.com

If you're wondering I used Picmonkey.com to edit the flowers onto these portraits, which is essentially photoshop for dummies like me who cannot begin to fathom the many complicated effects of real photoshop, scary stuff.

What inspires you? Does art matter or is it all a bunch of lines and scribbles? Let me know your thoughts!

Amelia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment