Home

Sunday 12 October 2014

New York is Always a Good Idea

The Big Apple
The City that Never Sleeps
Gotham
New Amsterdam

New Yorkkk *read in horrific New Yorker accent for maximum effect*

Holy Moly guacamole, I really do love this city. The story begins last year just before Christmas time, when my family and I  hit The City for the first time during the Christmas business. The week long trip was a birthday present from my Dad to my Mum (cue audience awhh's) that included, wait for it, first class flights (that's not all), and the penthouse suit of the Radisson Martinique Hotel, which was only a 15 minute walk from Times Square. My Dad's wallet must still be recovering...

I still can't decide the reasoning behind my love for this city, if it was because it was Christmas time or because of the actual city itself. It is probably a mix of the two.
There is something about New York that makes it hard for me to put into words in this blog post, something almost magical, but nonetheless an acquired taste. For example, you would not like this city if you are used to the quiet of the countryside or peaceful country lanes, oh no, New York is full on, love it or hate it, hustle and bustle,  run or get run over.
You could compare it to marmite: I love marmite too.

Here are a few pictures from my last trip to NYC:




Soph got a smidge excited when it came to Time Square..

Yes, the yellow taxi cabs are real.

Feast your eyes on this Belgium Hot Chocolate: swanky.



Central Park, watching the ice skaters instead of humiliating myself by attempting myself.



The Rockettes are pretty over-rated, just saying.







We loved the city so much that we are going back again in December, same dates as last year, which is a serious sign for the Preston family that we sure did like it. We never go to the same place twice, never.

If you take anything from reading this it's that you have to go to New York at least once, just to experience it. Put it on your bucket list, make it happen, thank me later.


Have you ever been to the Big City? Did you love it or hate it?

Amelia xox





No comments:

Post a Comment