Home

Monday 20 October 2014

The Maze Runner

I'm sure most of you reading this have heard of The Maze Runner, especially recently with the films recent launch. I've got to admit, I wasn't initially interested in the book series, of course I'd heard of it here and there, but instantly placed it into a book series that was mainly for boys. Action, fighting, all that jazz, it just didn't appeal. I only really became intruiged once I'd heard news that Dylan O'Brien, one of the actors starring in my long loved TV series Teen Wolf, had snatched the main role in the film. I instantly got to work researching the books.

Obviously, you have to read the book before you watch the film, its just standard nerd girl rwow, I became hooked. Not only was a buzzing like a mad fan girl on too much caffeine about one of my favourite actors whom I'd watched grow and blossom throughout Teen Wolf grabbing a blockbuster role, but surprisingly I also loved the book. It's an understatement to say I was excited.
ules, so I did just that. And

I'm not one of those people, who when looking forward to a film, has to go and see it as soon as its released, but I just couldn't wait. So I went and saw it with my little sister and friend, Ranim, and I have to say I wasn't amazed. I feel like that because I read the book before seeing it, I couldn't truly appreciate the film because I knew what was going to happen next. But there is no denying that Dylan was truly brilliant, gotta love that guy.

If I had to sum up the books and film, it would be that firstly, the book is far more focused on action and the storyline rather than the luxury of wording, but nonetheless keeps you gripped with what will happen next. The film, is stunning when regarding special effects and how visually aesthetic it is, and surprisingly stays quite true to the book considering how much they had to jam into just over an hour of film. I'm onto the third book in the series now, The Death Cure, and loving it. I can see now how this series managed to get such a large fan-base. Who wouldn't love a mashup of a dystopian Lord of the Flies with a dash of The Hunger Games?

If you crave action, love tension, don't mind a few gory deaths and a sprinkling of scifi romance, then you definitely have to check out The Maze Runner film(s) and book series.
You're welcome.
And if you're thinking I'm bias, as a severe fan of the O'Brien, then you'd be 100% totally correct. Sorry not Sorry.
How can you not love that guy?!

Have you seen The Maze Runner movie? What are your thoughts?

Amelia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment